CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Obama

I´ve been reading several friends blogs about where they were during the inauguration, so I thought I would share my experience....

On January 20th 2009, I woke excited for the upcoming day. True, it was my second day of Spanish school, and although that was exciting I was even more excited about was the inauguration of Barack H. Obama. Around 10 am I took a boat from Bastimentos to Colon. I asked a fellow gringo where I might watch the inaugurations. He pointed me in the direction of an open air bar. When I arrived at 10:30, I was disappointed to find that I was the only person in the bar. I ordered a coke and started watching CNN. People gradually started to trickle in, and by 11:30 the place was packed. The ower started walking around the bar offering everybody a plastic cup and a small amount of wine, to toast to the new presidency. (I stuck with coke). The inauguration was amazing to watch, but it was even more fun to hear the cheers, the clapping, and the singing (dadadada, dadada, hey, hey, goodbye). That day, I couldn´t have bee prouder to be an American.

I felt even more blessed, when I saw everyone in DC with coats, hats, and gloves on. I couldn´t help but think of my friend Emily who was fortunate enough to get tickets to the event, I was so happy she was there to witness it for me, and send me pictures of how amazing it was. Once I am able to upload my photos, I will post pictures of what inaguration was like for me :)

I am so excited for the next four...eight years!

0 comments: