CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Survivor

It has been pouring rain the last few days. This morning however, the sun finally came out. In celebration, I decided to hike to the other side of the island Bastimentos, to see Wizard Beach. The beach is about a half hour hike through the mountains. Because it had been raining, it was a 45-min hike in the mud. In order to expidite the process, I decided to hike in my bare feet and carry my shoes to the beach. It would have been a good idea, if I didn´t slice my toe open.

The hike through the mud was well worth it. When I arrived the beach was nearly deserted. Check it out...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Thomson.Bruce/BocasDelToroPanama#5069643164548210194

It was beautiful ! As I walked, I had clear blue ocean to my left and jungle to my right. In the jungle were ¨ruins¨ from Survivor Panama. Several huts were still partially intact. I was happy to see that the beach was so deserted. I hiked for nearly an hour a long the beach, and only saw four people. (If anyone is looking for a piece of land in panama, I saw one for sale along my hike ;)

Near the end of my hike there was a palm tree leaning out over the water and when I saw it, I thought...What would my nephew Kai do in this circumstance. So... I dropped my shoes and climbed to the top. I was sad no one was there to witness my success, but was glad that no one saw me fall on my bum in the water, when I jumped down.

I am hoping to make it back to Wizard beach soon! I wish you could all join me!

3 comments:

Seth Hamel said...

ha!! I was full of smiles as i read your blog tonight, especially when I read about your mud love. I too discovered the beauty of the mud/foot relationship this past summer, and you brought back some great memories. Sounds like your staying young.. have fun out there.

Trisha said...

You crazy adventurous girl! I love it. Keep safe out there and make sure you clean out that sliced toe. We don't want you coming home with worms:)

Amy said...

Sliced toe! Your adventures sound so fun...I'm excited to see your Obama inauguration pics.