CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Ultimate Semana in Guatemala

I can't believe that my time in Guatemala has come and go, and now I am back home. It all feels like a dream. A really wonderful dream. The last week was just as amazing as the previous 12.

Karaoke. Sasha and I had gone to this club a few times. Thursday nights is Karaoke. I thought it would be fun to sing, I mentioned that to Sasha and she encouraged me to get up and sing. If I chose a song everyone knew people would sing a long.

From this experience, I learned that
1. When I am nervous I sing high and my voice cracks
2. Not many Latinos know the song Bridge Over Troubled Water
3. As Sasha told me later "that song was not a very good song to sing to."
















Dinner at the school














SCUBA diving. I certified while in Panama, and I wanted to dive one more time before I came back. So I made the trek to Lago Atitlan and dove in a high altitude volcanic lake. The site we dove at was named Agua Caliente (hot water). It is a deceptive name. I was hoping that the water would be warm...it wasn't, just the mud at the bottom. I could have left my hands in the mud all day.










Pedicures! Happy Birthday Sasha!










Now to figure out my next adventure...

1 comments:

Jessica said...

bridge over troubled water? Are you SERIOUS???

When you getting to SoCal, my soul sister?