CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My family and Semana Santa

I am such a lucky person. This last week was my little brothers spring break, so my parents decided to take a trip down to Guatemala to visit their crazy, but incredibly awesome (not to mention beautiful) daughter.

Pictured here with, what will soon be, one lucky man


Originally, I was a little worried. I wanted to make sure everything went well and that my parents and little brother had a good time. Inspite of all my stress, I think they enjoyed seeing Guatemala.

Let me give you a glimpse into my last week...

For the first day we did nothing but sleep and relax, on an island where there was nothing to do but sleep and relax






























Unfortunately, we could not maintain this level of relaxation. Timo, especially was dying to go somewhere. We decided to make a trip to the neighboring city of Monterrico, against the advice of the hotel manager. We arrived on the mainland, only to discover that the next bus wasn´t coming for another two hours. So of course, in true Rinne fashion, so we hitched a ride in the back of a truck, to a city where we could catch a bus.

















From the neighboring city we caught a bus to Monterrico, after an hour on the bus we found ourselved on a boat, with a bus.












It took us 5 hours to get there, so we only had time for dinner (thank goodness, the food at the hotel was getting old). When we finished dinner at 5, we learned that all the buses had left for the day. Our boat captain fortunately had a ¨taxi¨ as well. So we crawled in the back and rode 2 hours back where we had started.



When we arrived back at our hotel, we found my friend Emily on our porch, we had invited her to join our adventures.

Our final day on the island we boogie boarded. How awesome is it that my parents were out there boogie boarding with Timo and me?












...Seriously awesome


The following day we took a chicken bus (or a bird bus) to Antigua.










Antigua was an amazing experience, because it was holy week. There were processions and cotton candy!










































The internet cafe is closing, so I am afraid I have to leave you at the edge of your seats. You´ll have to wait to find out what I did the rest of the week....

1 comments:

Trisha said...

Kir, I'm so happy (and slightly jealous) that your family got to come and visit you! So much fun:)