CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

¿What is there to do in Quetzaltenango?


I have been in Quetzaltenango (Xela) for over a week and had some pretty crazy adventures. What is there to do in Xela you may ask. It is a mighty good question. I´ll give you a glimps into life over the last week.
We eat dinner with our family. They are so awesome!!



I go to school every day. Always a good experience, except if you are not loving your teacher. Then it is a fine experience, but not a wonderful experience.


I got a new teacher this week.

I study. Everyday Sasha and I head to some cafe and utilize their table for hours, paying only $0.75 for a coke...and one time $2.00 for the best cake ever!! (notice, this is Sasha studying, not me...but I study too)

We go to McDonalds, because why not??















We´ve gone to a local bakery run by menanites. It is only open Tuesdays and Fridays, and it is AWESOME!!


This week we went to the hot springs. They were awesome. But a bit hot. Check out the guys face behind me. Sasha had perfect timing.




















We participated in turn off your lights hour with our family, and played Scrabble in Spanish by candle light. I was a dream come true!!














I have also gone to yoga, the coolest cafe ever, been attacked for my purse, been to the local market where I had my wallet stolen with my ATM card (yes boston roommates, I am ready to laugh about it now), and gone to a movie.
I am stoked for next week.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Menanites in Guatemala? I had no idea! The guys face at the Hot Spring made me laugh for about 5 minutes straight.