CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Tribute

After a long bumpy and grumpy ride, Sasha and I finally made it to Quetzaltenango (Xela). We are planning to stay here and study for four more weeks. The city is beautiful, quaint, lacks too many tourist and has great character. The family we are staying with could not be more perfect.

Being here is fantastic, but I´ve had a bit of a harsh introduction to Xela. When I left the states in January, I had hoped the weather here would be warm. I had hoped that one shirt a day would be sufficient...instead of 5. In San Andres, the temperature was perfect (for me), but I am afraid for the next four weeks I will be wearing my leggings and smartwool socks every day.

Now that I have embarked on a new adventure, I´d like to make a tribute to San Andres, and all the things I will miss (In no particular order).








Games after dinner









Tuk Tuks














Snacks from the nearby tienda













Choco Bananas for $0.15

















The neighborhood kids







Génesis















The wildlife











The random festivities (Hi sasha)















The crazy bus rides (Hello, again Sasha)







































The beautiful family we stayed with (not all pictured here)



Amazing

0 comments: